I was nominated for the Liebster Award by noteablepad — thank you! 🙂 She has a lovely blog, so I’d really recommend you check her out!
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the Liebster Award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for your nominee bloggers to answer (if you want to).
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) or list these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here.)
1. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be?
Literally any kind of bird. For no other reason than that I really love birds.
2. If you could have any superpower, what would that be and why?
The ability to manipulate time! I wouldn’t want to go back years and years or anything like that, I just think it’d be nice to pause time to do little things like, get a few more hours of sleep, or read a few more chapters, or realistically, write an essay that I’ve left to the last minute.
3. A Genie appears and grants you 3 wishes! What would you ask for?
I want to say unlimited books, but then I’d feel bad for not supporting authors etc. with my money, so how about an unlimited fund with which I buy books? I suppose I’d need a place to put all those books, so I guess my second wish would be for a fancy house with a library. Finally, I suppose I’d rather not be in debt, so I’d wish for my loans to disappear. I don’t ask for much 😉
4. Name an inspirational figure in your life- can be anyone (even fictional characters).
I know I mentioned Remus Lupin in a post not too long ago, but guys, I really want to be Lupin.
More seriously, I suppose anyone who works really hard to do what they most enjoy is inspirational to me — J.K. Rowling being the most obvious one, but also writers like Stephen King, and even Haruki Murakami (he talks a bit about his work process in this interview, but he basically dedicates a solid six months to his first draft, then rewrites four or five drafts in the following seven to eight months. The guy’s dedicated).
5. What is the worst food you’ve had in your life?
Once when I was around fifteen and staying at a friend’s house we bought a recipe kit for chicken katsu curry. We followed the instructions to the letter and it was Not Good. It had no taste to speak of, and the texture of the sauce was so gritty it was like eating sand.
6. Do you prefer having a large circle of friends, or a few?
Definitely a few. I probably do have a relatively large circle of friends/acquaintances (mostly because I work in a department store, so a lot of people work there and we all talk to each other) but I think you always end up having like, an inner circle of your closest friends.
7. What is the kindest act you have ever done for someone?
I actually don’t know! I do try to be kind in small ways, like helping people lift their prams or buggies up the stairs or onto trains; escorting old ladies in the lift when I’m at work (I literally do this all the time; people at work tease me for it). I can’t think of one big one, obviously I need to try harder haha!
8. What is your favourite season?
My immediate thought was to say summer, because summer = warm weather and no responsibilities! But this summer I have to write a 20,000 word dissertation, so I’m saying winter. I love cosying up, and I love the atmosphere around Christmastime. Also, all the coffee shops have the best drinks during winter, and I’m a sucker for a gingerbread latte.
9. Who in the world do you hate with a passion (can also be fictional), and is there a story behind this hatred? (unless you’re the most forgiving person in the world)
I can’t think of a real person, so I have a really obvious fictional character, and it’s Umbridge. I hated her so much when I first read The Order of the Phoenix that I used to put off reading it when I did my series rereads. I never skipped it, but it used to take me a really long time to convince myself.
10. Would you rather be beautiful with the memory of a fish OR intelligent and cursed with a face like Gollum?
This is quite easy for me really, because I already have a face like Gollum, so it’d be nice to have the intelligence.
I’m kidding, obviously, but I think that’s the one I’d go for. Besides, what can’t make-up do these days, eh? 😉
11. What is your biggest fear?
I’m giving you two:
- I get in the shower. I wear contacts/glasses, so obviously I can’t see anything. I have a nice, long shower. I take my time. But then, when I get out, I realise there was SPIDER in the shower the ENTIRE TIME so I effectively SHARED A SHOWER with the WORST CREATURE on this earth.
- Similarly, I get into bed and there is a SPIDER ON MY PILLOW. How can I sleep knowing that a spider has been there?? Where I sleep?? The most sacred of places??
- In case you hadn’t guessed from that last question, I really hate spiders.
- When I was a kid, I really, really wanted to be an archaeologist, and then when I learned that you could just study Ancient Egypt, I wanted to be an egyptologist.
- I was also really obsessed with dinosaurs. My mum still can’t bear anyone mentioning Barney.
- I find a nice cup of tea incredibly comforting. It’s the first thing I do when I wake up and when I get home.
- Incidentally, while (if I do say so myself) I make a great cup of tea, I make really awful coffee.
- My favourite TV show is Breaking Bad. Nothing even comes close to it for me.
- I studied English Language, English Literature, and Psychology at A Level.
- I love sweet potato. It might even be my favourite food. I tried it for the first time last year and I can’t believe I’ve gone so long without it.
- I have 3 dogs; their names are Bobby, Paddy, and Teddy.
- My favourite musical is Les Misérables. So far I’ve been to see it twice.
- My favoruite film franchise is Star Wars. I always liked it, but the release of The Force Awakens has made me fall completely in love with it again.
As always, if you’ve already been tagged, or if you don’t want to do it, then that’s fine 🙂
- Julianne @ Quilltricks.
- Izzi @ Ravenclaw Book Club
- Emily Rose @ Rose Read
- Madeline @ The SFF Bookshelf
- Becca @ Rhubarbecca
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
- Where in the world would you most like to travel to?
- Do you have a comfort food/meal? If so, what is it?
- Tea or coffee? (Or neither!)
- What’s your favourite city?
- What’s your favourite thing to do in your free time?
- Are you a dog person, or a cat person?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
- What fantasy world would you live in?
- What book would you really like to read, but you haven’t gotten around to it yet?
- Where is your favourite place to read?