I was tagged by Emily @ Rose Read, thank you! 🙂 I love your questions for this!
- Thank and link the blogger that nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions that the nomination has provided you.
- Create 7 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers.
1. Where are you from? What’s your favorite thing about that place?
When I was little, I lived in North Wales, but I’ve spent most of my life living in Yorkshire. I actually live in Bronte country, and I’ve never been to the Bronte parsonage which is really, really bad haha! My favourite things about living here is that most places look pretty, because it’s the countryside, that famous Northern charm—for the most part, people are really friendly, and I’ve made plenty of old lady friends just waiting at the bus stop 😉
2. If you could have any fictional creature as a pet, what would it be?
A phoenix! Obviously I was going to pick a bird.
3. Have you ever met an author and got a book signed? Who? What was your conversation like?
Yes! When I was seven, and I met Jacqueline Wilson! I didn’t even know there was a signing going on until we saw a huge queue out of Borders (moment of silence for Borders, please) my mum saw her friend in the queue, and she told us.. Jacqueline Wilson was my all-time favourite author, I’d read so many of her books, and lots of them I’d read over and over again, so I was really nervous about meeting her. When I actually did meet her, I worked up the courage to tell her that she was my favourite and that I wanted to be a writer too, and she wished me luck!
Side note: did anyone else have to share everything with their sibling so they wouldn’t feel left out?
Given that this was over ten years ago, I’ve realised that I should probably endeavor to go to more book signings.
4.What are your top 3 favorite animated films?
This is so hard! I’m lumping all the Toy Story films into one, because I couldn’t possibly choose between them. I went to see Toy Story 3 in the cinema and had to try very hard not to cry. Similarly, any of The Land Before Time films, which were my all-time favourites as a kid, owing to my heavy dinosaur phase (my favourite character was Chomper, in case you were wondering, which obviously you were). And I really love How to Train Your Dragon.
5.Longest book you ever read?
A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin comes in at 1217 pages, so it’s the longest book I’ve read by a long way, with the exception of A Storm of Swords which is probably a similar length, but I have the paperback editions so it’s split into two parts.
6.What’s a hyped book you have 0 interest in reading?
Maybe Cassandra Clare’s books? So many people love them, but I feel like for every good thing someone says about her books, I hear a bad thing. I can never make up my mind whether I want to read her books or not!
7.What’s your favorite time of the day to blog?
When it comes to writing reviews and stuff, I usually handwrite them first whenever I have a spare minute. Usually, I end up typing them up in the evening and that’s when I reply to comments and read and comment on other people’s posts, too. It’s a nice way to wind down at the end of a long day 🙂
- What’s your favourite book of the year so far?
- What’s the most overhyped book you’ve read?
- Who are your favourite authors?
- What book would you recommend to everyone?
- What’s your favourite book to film adaptation?
- What are you currently reading?
- What’s the last book you did not finish?